Car liability insurance protects motorists and pedestrians after car accidents.

Types of liability insurance include: bodily injury liability and property damage liability coverage. To register a vehicle in New York State you need to have both types of coverage. It’s important to know how much coverage you need.

Property damage liability coverage is coverage for damage done to the personal property of others. Normally, this involves damage to other vehicles involved in a motor vehicle accident.

Liability insurance is, in a sense, a safety net for motorists responsible for the injuries of others on New York roads. The motorist pays premiums for the insurance company to cover any damages sustained by the injured person up to a certain “policy limit.”

Car liability insurance is just one of many different kinds of insurance coverage that come into play after a car accident. Other types of insurance coverage include uninsured motorist and no-fault. An experienced attorney can explain the differences between these different types of coverage, and how they can help you after a car accident.

At William Mattar law offices, we focus on one area of the law— personal injuries from motor vehicle accidents. With more than 25 years of experience representing thousands of injured victims like you, we know car accident law.

If you have been injured in a car accident and need help understanding what is covered by your insurance or that of the other driver, we’re here to help! We want to help you get the compensation available to you. Call our office any time at (844) 444-4444, or visit our website to fill out a contact form or chat with us directly for any Support.